Friday, June 19, 2009

Great Commission Resurgence

I signed the resolution and so should you.

Though I really appreciate Dr. Danny Akin's passion, resolve, and explanation of the GCR movement, I am particularly grateful for the contributions of two pastors:
Johnny Hunt and Dwayne Milioni.





Pastor Dwayne was interviewed recently and sheds a great deal of light on particular issues that the GCR is hopeful to address; and Johnny Hunt gets to the heart of the matter in the first 40 seconds of his address: stewardship of resources.

For me this is a matter of applying the Kingdom of God to our convention by asking the question, "If God were in charge of the SBC, how would he run things?" I think that the GCR movement has already begun making suggestions that answer that very question.

This, combined with the fact that the intentions of the GCR movement seem sincere and amicable, has convinced me - so that I can see no reason why any Southern Baptist should not sign this resolution.

No comments: